Friday, March 27, 2009

It feels like spring!

I am so sick of scraping mud off of my mules, and tracking mud in the house. I want the round pen to dry out. I want to stop blanketing my show mule, and be able to turn her out in her paddock without fear she will re-wrench her bad shoulder in the 6 inch deep mud. While I ride all winter, I want to be able to go out on solid trail footing and not slog up the steep slope to the logging roads that is treacherous in the winter. Down is like skiing on my mule. I am so very grateful that we have such wonderful well trained well mannered saddle mules, that always know where there feet are. The hardly ever put a foot wrong.
I can see the summer coat gloss peeking through the long and dirty winter hair. My husband's mule Johnny Cash and my colt are late shedders. They are pretty sure they will still need their winter coats for a while yet, and don't start "blowing" until late April. Princess Rosalinda, who is blanketed is already almost shedded out, but she always blows her winter hair early.
FYI: Now is the time to start feeding those seasonal allergy prone horses their Allergy Support, it takes several weeks for those herbs to start working. You can contact me at www.halfmoonequineherbals.com or spirit@halfmoonequineherbals.com to consult or order some Allergy herbs. They work very well on horses with heaves, spring pollen intolerance, or eye issues due to allergies.

No comments: